Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Best Place to Work...The Patio!

Last week I was invited to a large commercial site. As I was parking, I noticed a beautiful pond. The pond was well maintained, was a pleasant color, and had a few trees and other plant material around the edges.

I am thinking, WOW! That looks awesome and really catches the eye. But, who really gets to enjoy this? Seems like it's limited to everyone as they drive in and anyone who has windows on that side of the building.


Admittedly, many ponds on commercial sites are built for functionality (water run off and containment) rather than aesthetics, but, hey, why not have both?

So, because I'm always considering and evaluating how any property can be enhanced, I think "How else would I use this pond?" Well, it just so happens that right inside the building is a small cafeteria area. I had a "ding, ding, ding" moment where I envisioned extending the cafeteria into a patio area. Not just an extension of the cafeteria, but another place to conduct business. In this day of laptops and iPhones, why be stuck in your office?

The options for use of this area are endless: host employee lunch and group meetings, meet with vendors, or close a deal with a client. Everybody loves to be outdoors when the weather is nice and the environment is beautiful. You can use this as a morale builder for employees; better morale leads to better employees; better employees leads to a better environment! And the benefits continue to grow. 

We all gotta work, might as well make it as enjoyable as possible!

Interested in a landscape project at your site? 
Call today for a free estimate! 614-866-0088

No comments:

Post a Comment